FÁS - Employment Services
FÁS, the National Training and Employment Authority, is organised as a network of regional and local offices around the country which includes 20 Training Centres.
An Employment Service Officer (ESO) who is available to advise on employment opportunities, training courses and other options which may lead to employment. In addition they may refer you to your Local Employment Service (LES) or local Jobs Club for further support.
The regristration form used by the Employment Service Officer (ESO) will record the details of the type of training and / or employment you may be looking for. If you are unsure of what type of courses are available to suit your needs your local ESO can advise you and explain the details and benefits of the courses. If you have any questions or need assistance in filling in the regristration form the ESO will be happy to help you.
All the services offered by FÁS can be accessed on www.fas.ie which includes job vacancies (including Northern Ireland vacancies), course information, allowances etc. If you do not have internet access from home you can still access the FÁS website from any Library or Internet café or from the touch screen kiosks in your local FÁS office.
FÁS Jobs Ireland
FÁS Jobs Ireland is an online marketplace where Jobseekers and Employers can find information and profiles about prospective jobs and staff in Ireland and across Europe. FÁS Jobs Ireland also provides a database of Training courses to suit all needs. FÁS Jobs Ireland can be accessed easily and in a number of ways:
- Through the Internet- FÁS Jobs Ireland
- At special touch screen (WATIS) kiosks in FÁS offices
- On WAP enabled mobile phones
- Via the freephone service: 1800 611 116 / Telephone: 046 973 8000
FÁS also provide information on a wide range of information on job seeking, in the Jobseeker Pack on their website, this information includes:
- Preparing a CV
- Tips for a cover letter
- Tips for how to prepare for an interview
Information in FÁS Offices
FÁS offices can be very useful sources of information for jobseekers. As information on vacancies and employment schemes are frequently updated. We recommend that you regularly use your local FÁS offices.
- Noticeboard: Each FÁS office will have a notice board displaying advertisements for jobs, Community Employment (CE) Schemes and other employment schemes. All local offices provide a free service where you can use their telephones when phoning about work.
- Touch Screen Kiosks: FÁS have touch screen kiosks with print facilities in each Employment Services Office that give information on jobs and training. It guides you through the information in a step-by-step manner.
- Newspapers: FÁS display all job adverts from newspapers on a daily basis.
- 'Career Directions': is an interactive tool that can help you select a job or career. It provides details on the nature of the work, the qualifications needed and where to go for further information. 'Career Directions' can be accessed over the internet on the website: www.careerdirections.ie
- Information on FÁS Services and Living and Working in Ireland: Available in all accession languages.