Losing your Job
The shock of losing a job, or the prospect of reduced hours / pay, can be acute and traumatic for people. It is very important that you understand options that may be offered and how those options will affect you.
This section of the website provides information on:
- Statutory Redundancy
- Changes to Working Conditions
- Reduced Hours or Pay
- Time-off to look for work
- Voluntary Redundancy
National Employment Rights Authority - NERA
The role of the National Employment Rights Authority (NERA) Information Services is to provide free, unbiased information on employment rights in Ireland to employees, employers and other interested parties.
- NERA operates a lo-call information hotline - 1890 80 80 90, from 9.30am to 5.00pm weekdays. For further information visit: www.employmentrights.ie
- Losingyourjob.ie is provided by the Citizens Information Board. This microsite provides public service information for those who are currently unemployed or are becoming unemployed in Ireland.
- A Guide to the Redundancy Payments Scheme available from the National Employment Rights Authority - NERA
- Collective Redundancy Factsheet available from the National Employment Rights Authority - NERA