Working Abroad

This section outlines information you may need to know if you are thinking about moving abroad. If you are on a Jobseeker's Benefit payment and you are thinking of moving abroad within the EU to look for work you may be able to transfer your payment.

Further information is available at:

Crosscare Migrant Project (formerly Emigrant Advice) provides advice and information to intending Irish emigrants, thinking of moving to Austrailia, Canada, Europe, New Zealand, United Kingdom, USA

A EURES advisor can help provide advice and information for people thinking of looking for work in Europe. EURES advisors are located in FÁS offices.

Further information is available at:

Useful Publications

  • The Crosscare series of 'Going to' booklets include information on going to Austrailia, Canada, the United Kingdom and the USA and are available to download from their website, visit Crosscare Migrant Project for more information. Crosscare also provide information on New Zealand, Europe and Working Holiday Schemes which is also available to download on their website.