Working abroad and Jobseeker's Benefit

Jobseeker's Benefit (JB) may be transferred to another EEA member state for up to 13 weeks, if you are looking for work there.

  • You must be getting JB for at least 4 weeks before the date of your departure.

You can get a completed Form E303/U2 from your local social welfare office and you must take it to the social services of the country you are travelling to.

  • If you transfer your Jobseeker's Benefit payment to another country and stay abroad for longer than 13 weeks you will lose your entitlement to it if you return to Ireland. You will need to apply for a means tested payment instead.

Please note:

  • Jobseeker's Allowance cannot be transferred to another EU/EEA country.